Roommates are a great way to lower your living expenses, however, finding a roommate you can live with can be somewhat daunting. The following steps can help you find a roommate who is easy to live with and fiscally responsible too!
Some questions to consider when choosing a roommate:
- Are you a morning person or a night owl?
- What kind of music do you like?
- Do you party or do you like relaxing down time?
- What kind of people does your roommate hang out with?
- Do you like the same sports teams?
- How do you feel about visitors?
- Are you in a serious relationship? Are they?
- Do you share the same ideas about cleanliness?
- What are your hobbies? (If you play a musical instrument, for example, this information is a need to know for any potential roommate.)
Having trouble finding a roommate. Try these places for help:
1. Ask Rent UNH for assistance. If you are having trouble finding a roommate for your apartment, give us a call. Many students come to us for apartments, many of them also need roommates. We match them up with others all of the time.
2. The New Hampshire, UNH’s student newspaper, is a very good source for finding a college roommate.
3. Check classifieds on social websites. Myspace and Facebook have classified sections. Be sure to screen potential roommates from these sites carefully.
4. There are a number of other websites that have a college roomate section. Here are a few: